love

love

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Growing love for the Presence of God

It was a stressful day from morning till 5pm when practical exams was over. I wouldn't say that I done it well at all, cos I obviously couldnt finish my movement analysis model qn in the limited 10mins. I found myself fearing all over again for the exams. I found myself telling others I'm so stressed, i'm scared deep down that i will fail this n that shall make me the most useless person for failing this module exams 5 times... I feared the unknown of which qn will come out and how I would fare on the spot, how much would I panic in the exam room with just me n the lecturer. Each time I prayed n I prayed, I knew I didnt want this qn to come out deep down but I knew, prayers dont work that way. So all I did was to pray for God to be with me and yes, I needed God's grace so much, the peace and wisdom... For the past exams, I always told myself just depend on luck and myself. But this exam was the first after the fire for God started burning in me and I knew I had to trust in God for this on top of my studying and practice for it. Probably the Regina in the past would hv turned angry and lose that faith in God when I saw the dreaded question come out in front of me, thinking that God just wanted to fail me once more. But today I was happy that God gave me that question, for I knew that that was what I was most uncertain about and had tried avoiding in my revision for the past days; and God wanted to challenge and train my brain to think through it myself. I did it anw and I knew God was in control of everything, each time I panicked in the exam room, I felt an immediate calmness thereafter and I fumbled around so much less than last time. Glad that it's all over!

After the exams, started to make my way down to church. Over this 5 months plus, heart of god church was never a place where religious people go every sunday. It has been a place where I strengthened and grow with God's words preached by pastors and leaders every week, a place I built up my relationship with God,a place where i found smiles and love with the big family... Each time i said "it's great to be in church with you today!", i never felt this happy before, like true happiness. Day after day, I found myself yearn more and more for God's presence, God's presence under my fig tree, God's presence in Church. Sometimes i wondered how God find me everywhere since my fig tree changes everywhere at home, anywhere when nobody is around to disturb my quiet time with God; sometimes on my bed, sometimes at my desk, sometimes on my parents' bed, sometimes in the cluttered storeroom.... But God was always there. Like what the bible always said, when we gather around to pray and worship, God is always among us too. This was how God made me yearn to go back to church whenever I could. From the day I accepted Jesus into my life, sundays made up the best day of my week, church became my home.


No comments:

Post a Comment